T9 female - looking for support

T9 female - looking for support

Posted by tarangiresun on Feb 6, 2018 3:02 pm

I used to go to the apparelyzed.com forum, it was great but it shut down. Anyways, seeing if I can get support or offer to help on this forum. we'll see.....

Re: T9 female - looking for support

Posted by Jenn on Feb 8, 2018 12:49 pm

Welcome to the forum,

I hope you are able to get some feedback from our community members. The Reeve Foundation also offers a peer mentoring program, the Peer & Family Support Program (PFSP) is the Reeve Foundation’s national peer to peer mentoring program. The goal of PFSP is to provide critical emotional support, as well as, local and national information and resources to people living with paralysis, and their families and caregivers.

Through our online community there is also a helpful SCI Nurse forum (Nurse Linda) where you can post on topics related to spinal cord injury healthcare, please see the link below. Please note our community is free to join. http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysis.org/forums/viewcategory/11775 
There is also a helpful nursing advice line offered through Craig Hospital, these nurses are available to answer non-emergent questions related to SCI. To reach a nurse call: 800-247-0257 or 303-789-8508.

Listed below is a link to our Paralysis Resource Guide.

Thanks for joining! 

Re: T9 female - looking for support

Posted by PC-Eastern-USA on Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Jenn, We have many certified Reeve peer mentors across the USA.  Please feel free to contact me at 860-558-7384 if you would like to be matched with a peer mentor.  You can also call our Office Hours phone line at 973-933-7226 between 1PM EST and 5PM EST to speak with a peer mentor right away. 

Hoping you are having a nice Valentines Day! 
All The Best!!! Todd
Todd A. Johnston 860-558-7384 Program Coordinator for Eastern United States Peer and Family Support Program Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation tjohnston@christopherreeve.org

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.