Nursing home patient here… Anyone else?

Nursing home patient here… Anyone else?

Posted by Beka_ on Aug 22, 2017 2:31 am

17 years ago, when I was 21 years old, I sustained a SCI (c-4, c-5, incomplete) from a diving accident.  I'm 38 years old now, and for the last 7  years I've lived in a nursing home. I'm the youngest resident in the facility, and have been for the entirety of my stay. So I was just curious, does anyone else in this forum live in a nursing home?  If so, I would love to talk. 

Re: Nursing home patient here… Anyone else?

Posted by josiemick on Aug 22, 2017 5:34 am

Hello Beka,

I lived in an establishment specializing in people paralyzed in France, it was a traumatic experience because nothing worked well ...

I felt like an animal ...

I apologize for my English

Posted by PC-Eastern-USA on Aug 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Beka,
I have worked with Centers of Independent living which have been able to assist individuals to move out of a nursing home and into the community through the program Money Follows the Person.  I’m not sure of the criteria needed but it may be helpful to speak with someone there. 
The Peer and Family Support Program has many peer mentors helping peers through listening, sharing experiences and providing resources of information.  Where our peer mentors may not live in a nursing home they will be willing to talk if you like. If you would like to be matched with a peer mentor please go to the following link to request a mentor: https://www.christopherreeve.org/get-support/get-a-peer-mentor
Our mentoring and publications are free.
Wishing You All The Best!!!
Todd

Todd A. Johnston 860-558-7384 Program Coordinator for Eastern United States Peer and Family Support Program Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation tjohnston@christopherreeve.org

Posted by vieku on Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello

Posted by vieku on Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm

How are you

Posted by australiaassignmenthelp on Sep 19, 2017 3:52 am

In Medical Studies Theoretical and particle both of work require to complete so they has shortage of time to complete their assignments with high quality. For that reason Nursing Assignment Help Australia service provide by Australia assignment help. With high qualified experts help to complete assignment. 
http://australiaassignmenthelp.com/ provide service for complete assignment from different states of Australia like Adelaide, Canberra etc. Our Assignment Helper service Provide for more than 100+ subjects like Accounting, Management etc. or More detail Visit Australia Assignment Help site here.

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.