Biostimulation

Biostimulation

Posted by IrinaCarmen on Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi, I'm new here! smiley

My name is Irina and I am from Romania. My boyfriend had a C5 injury 12 years ago. Since then, half of his life has been physical therapy and rehabilitation.

I wanna share this with you and hear more thoughts into the matter. One thing he says he's been helping a lot is biostimulation with a machine usually - or mostly - used for body shaping and weight loss, called Ultratone Futura Pro. Apparently one doctor here discovered it can have great effects over different type of conditions, including paralysis and muscle development and control. I have to mention that my boyfriend specifically told me not anyone knows where exactly to apply the electrodes. Therefore, if not applied correctly by a physician, it's of no use.

He had his first sessions a few years ago, but couldn't continue due to lack of accesibility (we live in one of the most inaccessible countries, I think). Shortly after we met, more than a year ago, I mentiond his legs muscles were more developed than I'd first realized, and he said he gained all that during those biostimulation sessions he had few years ago. And he didn't loose any of the progress he'd gained. As I mentioned before, he also does a lot of physical therapy, so that is probably one of the reasons he didn't loose progress. But again, it was the only thing that helped him develop his legs muscles, where he has no sensation at all.

For about two or three months now, he's been back to his biostimulation sessions. Now he's more focused on the upper part of his body, trying to develop especially his triceps. I can't say if it's working yet, but I surely hope it does.

I was wondering if you ever heard of this kind of treatament and if it's a practice in your countries. It's not really an usual practice, as far as I know, but it seems to have worked for him.

Thank you, and sorry for potential grammar mistakes, English isn't my native language (even if I love it!). heart

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags