Paraplegic

Paraplegic

Posted by Marcosmtz on Apr 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi I've been paralyzed for 30 yrs now since I was 15 yrs old I would like to participate in the epidural stimulating program or any one that might help me walk or at least gain some control or movement can someone please help me achieve this 

Re: Paraplegic

Posted by toolman2744 on Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

I AM A QUADRAPLEGIC WITH 8 YEARS. UNDER MY BELT. I WOULD TOOLTOOLLIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE EPIDURAL STIMULATION  PROGRAM OR FOR THAT MATTER , ANY PROGRAM THAT SHOWS PROMISE. WOULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME AS TO WHOM I NEED TO CONTACT. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP  YOU CAN OFFER.

THANKS

Re: Paraplegic

Posted by Jenn on May 4, 2017 4:39 pm

To help educate you on the Big Idea and epidural stimulation research campaign, I have provided the below resources and links.

The Big Idea campaign website:
The Big Idea website is a comprehensive hub of information on the campaign and epidural stimulation research.  Visitors can access educational resources such as an overview of the study and information on the autonomic complications that exist with a spinal cord injury, as well as biographies of the initial four participants.  As news of The Big Idea stretches across the globe, we will update the website to reflect refreshed content as we work towards the $15 million fundraising goal and share new information on the study. Please visit www.ReeveBigIdea.org to access information and resources. 

Currently, the University of Louisville manages a database of individuals who have expressed interest in learning more about future epidural stimulation studies and potentially enrolling in research programs. The Reeve Foundation does not control enrollment and registering your details does not guarantee entry into a research program. By registering your information, the research team will be able to learn more about your background and injury to determine if you match criteria and qualify for a future study.  In order to register as a research candidate, please visit the below link:

http://www.reevebigidea.org/the-research
From this page you will need to scroll down and click on the blue tab on the right side of the page that says, "Join the Registry". You will be redirected to a page at Louisville's website.
https://victoryoverparalysis.org/participate-in-research

I hope this is helpful. 

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags