Share with your friends:

Frustration with healthcare system!

Frustration with healthcare system!

Posted by Admin on Feb 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi everyone! I am a PT in Indianapolis and have become very passionate about working with spinal cord injury. I\'ve had experience working at a SCI model system and now am working at a rehab center in Indy. Healthcare is changing so much and I am having a hard time trying to advocate for my patients and continually being shot down so I can\'t imagine what some of you feel that are trying to get the best care possible!! Since there is only so much I can do as a PT in a hospital system run by insurance, I thought I would ask you all what are the needs out there after discharge from rehab? Also, I am very interested in starting something new in Indy but funding is limited. I guess I\'m just at a loss because I want to stay in the field to help but looking for something new that I can stay involved in the SCI community? Thanks!! And keep working hard! I\'ve seen it pay off so many times, and you are the ones who keep me going each day!

Re: Frustration with healthcare system!

Posted by hotwheels on Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm

I was injured in 1993 and did my rehab at rancho los amigos calif I spent 1 year in rehab now the tops they keep a patient in there 3 to 4  weeks at the most these people have such a hard time just being thrown back into society without enough rehab
Sort:

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags