Care issues

Care issues

Posted by Jut on Jun 2, 2017 10:31 am

Hi, I'm a newbi, I have sci at c4-c5, it affects my arms and hands. I can do a lot with them but I am limited. I was injured in 2003 in a automobile accident. I am wondering if my injury has a name. Also, my injury has begun to affect my wrist, on the right. Doc says to wear a brace, I feel like it is broken but I know it's not. They said there are something s we have to learn to live with. Now my concern is what I should and shouldn't be doing. I sure don't want to make it worse. Typing this made it a bit worse.

Re: Care issues

Posted by Kathy on Jun 6, 2017 4:03 pm


Perhaps is best to speak with physiatrist about the specifics of your injury. A physiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation.   Our doctor locator fact sheet lists organizations with tools so you may find physicians and includes the specialty of physiatry.

Our doctor locator fact sheet is available at

Information Specialist
Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
Paralysis Resource Center


Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.