Question about bed alarm for me, quad

Question about bed alarm for me, quad

Posted by PsychoQuad on Nov 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi everybody, I just posed this question to ask a nurse here. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to reply here and or to my email:

November 2016: My goal of finding a good alarm

As a quad, I am very fortunate to have an amazing wife Debra, and so in the middle of the night I can turn to her for help. But what happens if Debra is, for example, in another room, or if she is ill? Starting this fall 2016, I have a mask on at night to get air from a bi-pap machine, so this complicates my triggering an alarm. 

Over the past few years, my arms have gotten a little stronger, so I could elbow a button and at least be able to reach emergency help, I think. 

If you have any suggestions, please contact me at 

Re: Question about bed alarm for me, quad

Posted by SpearJanis on Oct 30, 2017 6:05 am

We also had to think about this one. We thought about even something as simple as a bell perched on his bedside that could be knocked off with his arm or evenhead, but we will watch this for other potential solutions here.  It is all such a learning curve.  Good luck, I hope you find something.

Re: Question about bed alarm for me, quad

Posted by lukenlow on Mar 2, 2018 8:48 am

I completely agree with you! This issue just needs to be considered together and think about its solution, thanks to this site that collects people together

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.