Doctors in NY that may prescribe HGH for nerve regeneration and skin health

Doctors in NY that may prescribe HGH for nerve regeneration and skin health

Posted by Liamwagner on Oct 8, 2018 12:20 pm

I was in a motorcycle accident in 2016 and i am reaching out for any kind of treatment to make nerve regeneration easier for my body. Doctors in my area tend to think inside the box and i need to find someone take this journey with me. I've done quite a bit research on what HGH can do for your body and i still don't understand how this is not prescribed to all people with paralysis. I am making lots of progress with my recovery, i can even walk with a walker and my braces. I just need that little extra help to keep my body in its peak condition so i can heal. If anyone knows doctors in the upstate NY area that may be a good fit for me please let me know. any other information on the subject would be greatly helpful. 

My injury is incomplete and lower lumbar L3 
i am 22 years old 

Re: Doctors in NY that may prescribe HGH for nerve regeneration and skin health

Posted by AskNurseLinda on Oct 8, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello, Liamwagner, welcome to the blog.
There are many options presented on the web for treatment of spinal cord injury. One that makes the rounds is Human Growth Hormone (HGH). The theory is that after SCI, the body does not produce enough HGH. There have been some studies performed years ago to assess if this is reality without much significance found. The only research being done at the current time are a scant number of studies (I found three), that are being conducted outside of the United States. Although there are many opinions about HGH, there is not much scientific evidence that this works.
This is not to say that it does not work. It just has not been demonstrated at the current time. In the future, scientist may put more effort into this study. There does not seem to be enough evidence that would support research at the current time, yet some scientists are working in the laboratory to move this theory forward. In humans, there is speculation that HGH treatment as it stands today, could negatively affect your body with the result of hyperthyroidism.
I think the difficulty in finding someone to work with you on this idea is because there is not enough scientific evidence that it works in humans and there is no protocol as to how much should be used, etc.
Stay tuned, as the study of ideas for recovery of spinal cord injury is advancing at an extremely rapid pace. No one knows the end result for treatment. We all wait with great curiosity. Nurse Linda

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.