Spasticity

Spasticity

Posted by Blaze on Aug 31, 2017 5:51 pm

I had a car accident three months ago. Got whip lash and back strain. Week later my left wrist began to flex and extend. Uncontrollable.  Then a week in half ago right hand started. My neck is fused from c3-c7. Pt said they can't help and Orthopaedic Dr doesn't know what's going on. Tried MRI and CT scan dint show anything. Neck burns and wrists and spasm in all time. Anyone hear of this. I don't know what to do. 
Dell sue hewitt

Re: Spasticity

Posted by Jenn on Sep 13, 2017 3:32 pm

I thought it would be helpful to link to our spasticity document to see if there is some useful information to help with managing the flexing and extending you are dealing with. It may also be helpful to consult with a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) physician, also known as physiatrists, treat a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons.

Spasticity 

Physiatrist

The Reeve Foundation website has additional information about paralysis, health management and active living you can also post a question through our online form. 
www.paralysis.org    

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags