now what?

now what?

Posted by LOST on May 31, 2017 12:00 am

im 25 yrs old im a t5 sci. ive been in a relationship with my girl for 8 yrs, were still togather now but i dont know for how long we can go on like this. i dont know what to do or if im even physicaly able to do it when ever i do think of sum thing. but thats the least of my problems i cant work any more and ssi dont cover it not even a liltle bit. i dont see a brighter future and i cant think of anything to move my life forword, im just about ready to throw in the towl. 

Re: now what?

Posted by Bill on May 31, 2017 1:09 pm

My name is Bill Cawley.  I am the Program Manager of the Reeve Foundation's national peer mentoring program (The Peer & Family Support program).

I was injured in 1992 and I know how you feel.  It can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I assure it is there.
I wanted to let you know that we have over 250 certified mentors across the country that work with people living with paralysis as well as those that care for them.  Many of our mentors have been and are in relationships and they  are uniquely qualified to understand the challenges, your frustration and feelings.  They can also provide a perspective that only a person that has been where you are right now can provide.  

I encourage you to reach out to us- you can 
email me at peer@christopherreeve.org.  To learn more about the program you can view our web site by clicking https://www.christopherreeve.org/get-support/get-a-peer-mentor.  This is a free service and you can stop at any point.

Take care and good luck,
Bill

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags