Share with your friends:

Falling in love with someone just injured

Falling in love with someone just injured

Posted by Claire V on Feb 21, 2014 9:30 am

i'm glad I found this place because I think you guys can give me really good advice. I work in a hospital and I met this guy, a month and a half from the accident. He got a complete T6 SCI and we are both in our thirties. From the begginning I thought of him as a very attractive guy. As days go by, we got closer. Now he's already at home.

Obviously my mother and some friends have told me that that situation is way to complicated because he still have a lot to figure out (i.e job, independence) besides we are very different people; we have different tastes, and I have my own dreams. I love outdoors activities and most likely I will be studying abroad next year, so they don't want me to abandon all of it, neither do I.

I think he have feelings for me, and I have for him but I don't know how to handle this. I don't want him to get attached to me if I'm not sure that I will be there, but I don't want to push him away. My doubts are the same that I would have with any people, paralysis is not that troublesome for me, our differences in lifestyle or personality or uncertain future are.

If you could give me some advice I will be very grateful

Thanks a lot

Re: Falling in love with someone just injured

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Jun 25, 2014 3:21 pm

hi Claire. Dan Gottlieb here from the  "healing the mind and heart" discussion group.  I am so sorry you haven't received any responses here,, but I am sure if you were to post this over in my discussion group, you would get lots of replies – beginning with mine!
take good care and I look forward to hearing from you soon
Dan

Daniel Gottlieb PhD
www.DrDanGottlieb.com
Sort:

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags