Caregiver/Husband and travel for work

Caregiver/Husband and travel for work

Posted by RickUpch on Aug 4, 2017 5:32 pm

My wife became paralyzed June 2016 from the waist down.  My work requires me to travel and I've been taking her with me, driving 6-7 hours one way, staying for a couple of days and then returning about every 4-6 weeks.  However, even that is proving too much for her.  I can't find overnight care that I can afford so don't have a way to leave her at home, and it is looking less and less like she will be able to travel on the schedule necessary for my job.  Does anyone have any options, other than changing jobs which is on the table as a last resort, that I could consider?
Rick

Re: Caregiver/Husband and travel for work

Posted by TJ14 on Aug 8, 2017 4:04 pm

Rick, my name is TJ Griffin I'm with the Christopher Reeve peer mentor program. I am going to put your situation out to my mentors to see if they have any advice for you.  If I receive some helpful information I will forward it to you immediately.  In the meantime, I can provide you with a one on one peer mentor.  It would be somebody near you level of injury and age. If you're interested you can go to the link below to request a peer mentor. 

Re: Caregiver/Husband and travel for work

Posted by TJ14 on Aug 8, 2017 4:05 pm

Rick, here is the link to request a peer mentor. 

https://www.christopherreeve.org/get-support/get-a-peer-mentor

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags