Between Toyota Sienna XLE Van or Chrysler Pacifica with 6 way swivel seat , ramp, handbrake'...

Between Toyota Sienna XLE Van or Chrysler Pacifica with 6 way swivel seat , ramp, handbrake's & spinner knob. Advice on which one you went with and why?

Posted by Mi on Aug 13, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm reaching out to my peers specifically for your help? Between these two vans I mentioned in the subject line. Why did you go with the choice you made? Cost, Dependability , Warrenty , All wheel drive , Upkeep of vehicle maintance ? Handling? More room? Also want to know are you happy with the decision you made? Would you choose differently today if you could? 

Sincerely,
      Mi

Re: Between Toyota Sienna XLE Van or Chrysler Pacifica with 6 way swivel seat , ramp, handbrake's & spinner knob. Advice on which one you went with and why?

Posted by Jenn on Aug 16, 2017 4:36 pm

I hope you are able to get the feedback you are looking for, I also wanted to post a link to our Cars and Driving factsheet which may have some helpful information as well. 

Cars and Driving

Take Care 

Re: Between Toyota Sienna XLE Van or Chrysler Pacifica with 6 way swivel seat , ramp, handbrake's & spinner knob. Advice on which one you went with and why?

Posted by PC-Eastern-USA on Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Mi,
I have a 2014 Honda Odyssey with hand controls and a 10 way power swivel seat.  It has enough room for a manual chair or power chair to be safely tied down and secure.  There is not much for extra room.  I need to have my service dog Madden jump up in the back seat while I secure either chair before my transfer.  The van was also converted with a telescoping ramp and floor lowered.  I believe most VMI converted or Braun Mobility mini vans will occasionally scrape when going over speed bumps.  My minivan even scrapes leaving my driveway with the extra weight of the power chair. You may also want to post this question on the Care Cure Forum at Rutgers http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forum.php and get some further input or access to more SCI individuals.
If you like I can post your discussion on our Private Facebook group here at The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation and see if there are responses. You may benefit from speaking with a certified Reeve Peer Mentor.  If you would like you can request one at the following link: https://www.christopherreeve.org/get-support/get-a-peer-mentor
All The Best!!!
Todd

Todd A. Johnston 860-558-7384 Program Coordinator for Eastern United States Peer and Family Support Program Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation tjohnston@christopherreeve.org

Posted by AprilRussell on Oct 11, 2017 12:26 am

Great and useful article. Creating content regularly is very tough. Your points are motivated me to move on.
survival games

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags