Recently met someone's with a spinal cord injury

Recently met someone's with a spinal cord injury

Posted by Nikkijean123 on Nov 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Ok so I I have friend who I have know for several years and recently we have started talking more intimately I guess is the word he has a spinal cord injury not sure exactly where I know he has no feeling down there but was looking for advice when it gets to that point on what would be pleasureful for him? I'm sure at some point this will come up but just looking for some insite ahead of time!

Re: Recently met someone's with a spinal cord injury

Posted by Bill on Dec 7, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Nikkijean,

My name is Bill Cawley and I am the Program Manager for the Reeve Foundation's national lpeer mentoring program.  We have trained and certified mentors that have experience with personal and intimate relationships between people living with paralysis and people that do not live with paralysis.

If you would like to talk to someone about your relationship please let me know.  We would be happy to match you with a metor that has gone through the same experienes you are sharing.  You can leave a post here or send an email to the program's email address,, and we well back in touch with you

Thanks and take care,

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Dec 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi Nikkijean,

Dr. Dan Gottlieb here. I'm the psychologist from the "on well-being" discussion group.
What you do may very well depend on how long your friend has been injured and how he is feeling about himself. When my wife and I tried to make love a few months after I became a quadriplegic, it was a disaster! As soon and she moved her hand down my body, I began to cry. And that is not very sexy!

Now when I am with a relatively new sexual partner, we talk about ways we can pleasure each other and positions we must take to make this work. Everyone is different, but over the years I have taken more and more pleasure from my partners sounds and movements as she gets aroused.

But like I said, everyone is different. So have that conversation with your new friend. Start with telling him about your physical attraction and your questions. And then listen carefully. And then tell him what you would like. And then enjoy!

Posted by panistefanin on Oct 16, 2017 6:33 am

Hello! I'm sorry, that is not the topic! I really like your forum! Thank you, I'm with you)

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.