Keeping the challenge

Keeping the challenge

Posted by Becky_2068010 on Jun 28, 2012 1:00 pm

It seems like it is up to me to push for more therapy, more treatment, and to keep my overall health.  I was paralyzed a year ago and don't feel I know what I need always.  My thereapy ended about a month ago and not sure why.  I still want to work on walking better, and keeping up my strength.  Today I called Courage Center and went in for a evaluation and to work on walking.  They are going to see me again but why the break?

Any advice on tools to keep in shape and how to plan your treatment??

RE: Keeping the challenge

Posted by Joleen on Jul 5, 2012 4:36 am

Any exercises your physical therapist was doing with you that you can safely do on your own at home or with a helper.. keep doing them.    If there's an independent living center in your area & you haven't contacted them yet.. might be worth checking out.  My physical & occupational therapy ended when the therapists determined I had made as much progress as I was going to make... I went futher on my own afterwards. 

RE: Keeping the challenge

Posted by Becky_2068010 on Aug 3, 2012 11:15 am

I continue to exercise and it is helping I walked 1,300 feet the other day at therapy.  Do you know if any grants or programs where I could purchase exercise equipment for my home?

Re: Keeping the challenge

Posted by monojoli on Oct 29, 2017 2:38 pm

may you get well soon. life is name of challenges. you need to face it with sprit and courage. 
basketball legends

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.