Share with your friends:

The Blue Hole my memoir

The Blue Hole my memoir

Posted by Danny Gilman on Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm

In July 1972 I was 15 years old when my spinal cord injury happened.  C4/C5 quadriplegia.  Over the year many people have remarked to me, "...you should write a book about your life...".

So, I did.  I wrote, and published my memoir The Blue Hole

My success after my paralysis did not occur magically. 
Since my SCI July 1972 it has been a long, continuous fight to balance my physical health, and my metal health for me impoving my quality of life.

I have learned we need hobbies to keep our menta health at a level to enjoy life to it's fullest.

Forty one years of my life has been living and coping with life after paralysis, and each day I learn something new about lifter the spinal cord injury.  Upper most in my everyday ADLs are prevention of pressure sores, urinary regiment, and managing a bowel regime. 

Rehabilitation begins hours after the SCI-- not in the home when insurance companies no longer view the person with the SCI no longer needs rehab services.

I have noted a trend over the past several years people just a few months after their paralysis being released, sent home to locate resources to continue coping with life after spinal cord injury.  Many end getting severe pressure sores that take several months to heal, thus stalling their coping and dealing with a life after SCI.

Danny Gilman
www.dannygilman.com

RE: The Blue Hole my memoir

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Feb 19, 2014 3:29 pm

hi Danny (my childhood name)

welcome  to this discussion. So it sounds like your memoir is about  the lessons you learned and how to balance all of these competing issues like  the demands of your body and the wishes of your spirit..
Okay, you have learned a lot  and  you want to share your wisdom with others.. Good for you!

You have actually given me a bit of  inspiration as I think perhaps our  next teleconference on March 12 might be about  sharing  what we have learned  that could help others.

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your book!
Dan www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Re: RE: The Blue Hole my memoir

Posted by Danny Gilman on Mar 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Dan Gottlieb:
hi Danny (my childhood name)

welcome  to this discussion. So it sounds like your memoir is about  the lessons you learned and how to balance all of these competing issues like  the demands of your body and the wishes of your spirit..
Okay, you have learned a lot  and  you want to share your wisdom with others.. Good for you!

You have actually given me a bit of  inspiration as I think perhaps our  next teleconference on March 12 might be about  sharing  what we have learned  that could help others.

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck with your book!
Hi Dan,
I am pleased to read something in my memoir gave you a bit of inspiration.  

Danny

Sort:

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags