Share with your friends:

Monthly Webcasts - Continuing the discussion

Re: Monthly Webcasts - Continuing the discussion

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Oct 8, 2014 9:58 am

our last webcast was about intimacy and relationships. It was very rich and very personal.
When I had my accident I felt very broken and unlovable. I wonder if others had  that same feeling?!
www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Are you lovable? I know we all say we deserve love, and we do. But do you feel lovable?

After my accident, I didn't think I was unlovable, I knew I was. I was dependent, broken, useless and  worthless (iin my mind anyway).

So next week on our monthly when chat I would like to continue the theme of intimacy and whether we can truly have an intimate safe loving relationship if we don't feel lovable.

So, do you feel lovable. If not, what do you think the roadblocks are?

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

December Monthly Webcast - Holidays: Love them or hate them?

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Nov 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Okay, the holidays are upon us and we can't ignore them. What do they mean to people with disabilities and their caretakers?

My companion worries that I will be  comfortable and be able to  get around. Frankly, so do I. Many of us don't like large gatherings because everyone is standing up which makes access around the room even more difficult.

and none of this begins to address  the issues of being around his or her or my crazy family, alcoholic uncle, strange niece with tattoos and piercings in very weird spots. You know, the stuff everybody worries about during the holidays.

What do these holidays mean to you? What do you worry about and what do you hope for?

Sign up FREE for December's online webchat here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/7yw00aoz4p82&eom
December 5th 3:00PM ET
This is designed to be a discussion among community members, not a lecture or a simple Q&A.
Call in number: 866 835 1327

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Dec 24, 2014 12:29 pm

about January's webcast…

I'm afraid I won't be able to do it that month. On January 7  I will be on a silent meditation retreat and I am banking on the fact that I will be fully enlightened upon my return!

So we will meet again  the first Wednesday in February and until then, please tell me what is most important in your life
www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Jan 28, 2015 10:37 am

Lately there has been a lot of discussion around the whole issue of trauma.

How do we work through Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) without reliving the nightmare over and over again?

Hint: Trauma happens in relationships and it's in relationships that we heal.

Many of us for many different reasons get stuck in our trauma and define ourselves by our disability. Often our spouses or family caregivers do the same thing.

We know that trauma affects an individual, a family and an extended family. How we cope with trauma can be the difference between a lifetime of unhappiness or the ability to reclaim one's life.

Join me for an online webchat to discuss coping techniques on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 3PM ET. Sign up for free here!

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Feb 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Last week's web chat was so powerful and engaging that we weren't able to contain it in just one hour. So we've decided to continue the discussion around trauma for March.

What happens to our bodies when we experience trauma? Why do some of us experience PTSD and others don't? More importantly, what can be done to reprogram our brains so that we are more able to live in the present rather than revisiting the trauma over and over, or worse, never really leaving that moment?

It's important to expand the discussion to what we call secondary trauma. What happens to our families when we are injured? Immediate family members also have their own PTSD that never gets talked about and never gets treated.

We talk about whatever YOU want and need to talk about so please join us!

This is designed to be a discussion among community members, not a lecture or a simple Q&A.

Please take care of yourselves and join me on March 4th from 3-4PM ET. Sign up for free here.

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Mar 18, 2015 4:01 pm

hello again!

This month on our webcast, April 1st at 3PM ET, I would like to talk about gratitude...

Gratitude for the springtime because most of us thought it would never come.
Gratitude for those in our lives who we love and who love us.
Gratitude for our caregivers. 
Gratitude even for these broken bodies that demand attention.
Gratitude for all of the work they do to help us live the lives we have.

Can we be grateful that we have these lives to live, imperfect as they might be?

Join me for an online webchat on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 3PM ET. Sign up for free here!

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Posted by Dan Gottlieb on Apr 15, 2015 3:20 pm

our next web chat will be on May 6. This is an emotional time of year for me. My late wife's favorite holiday was Cinco de Mayo and she died on May 5! Weird. And on May 8 is the anniversary of my daughters wedding. Birth, death and everything in between.

Since most of us reading this column are still among the living, let's talk about our vision for our lives for the rest of our lives. Let's talk about our fears and our dreams. Perhaps we could even talk about how to manage our fears and turn our dreams into an "action plan".

Let's look at the big picture and envision our lives.
www.DrDanGottlieb.com

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.