Kinesicmouse - A Facecontrolled Mouse Offering 50+ Input Signals

Kinesicmouse - A Facecontrolled Mouse Offering 50+ Input Signals

Posted by Max on Jun 6, 2014 11:20 am

Hi,

my name is Markus Pröll and i am the developer of a software called KinesicMouse. It enables you to operate a computer completely hands-free just using facial expressions and head rotations (optional). You can use the KinesicMouse to control any Windows application you like. This technology offers such a high variety of input signals that it is a perfect solution to increase you effectiveness in controlling a PC. You can even play modern game titles using the KinesicMouse.

The software uses a the depth sensing camera called Kinect for Windows. You might be familiar with this sensor as it is also used for gaming with the MS XBox 360. The KinesicMouse is able to detect over 50 different signal sources from your face. You can bind any of these signals to control mouse buttons, mouse cursor movement, key presses and even joystick input. 

The KinesicMouse is a small revolution in assistive technology as it does not require any markers or aids to be placed on your head or face.

Here are two demonstration videos:

You can find more informations and videos at:

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. 

Best,
Markus

Tag Topic

Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tags